Secondary School orientation day recount:

Secondary School orientation day:

On Friday the 5th of December I went to PEGS for my orientation day I knew a lot of friends from soccer that were going to PEGS. We started off the day in the music auditorium and they presented a power point about what’s happening next year in year 7. We have a task over the holidays to get a photo to enter into a competition and you can win a prize. After the PowerPoint, we were split into our homerooms classes for next year and our teacher is Mr. Perciel he talked to us and answered some of our questions that we had. We then went to have recces on the soccer oval, my friends and I played soccer for half an hour. Recces finished and we went to do English in the library with our teacher Mr Stephens. We wrote a writing piece on our favourite holiday, my friend Dante randomly got a bloody nose. Then we had science with Dr Lane, we did an experiment on the aerodynamics of a helicopter and we learnt a lot, afterwards we had a tour of the school. We went to the canteen, the office, the art room and the library. Then it was lunch time, they provided us with lunch there were so many choices I had pizza, pasties, and some fruit before playing soccer on the oval for lunch.

After lunch we had art and our activity was to draw the Mona Lisa in a different background/setting. I drew my Mona Lisa at a supermarket. A lot of people put beards and moustaches on their Mona Lisa’s. After art our last subject was sport, the sports teacher made some really bad puns that no one laughed at. We played dodgeball it was funny because everyone was slipping over. Sport finished and it was time to go home, I am looking forward to high school next year and can’t wait for my first day